Outakes...

      

       Yeehah!! Finished! Hit my deadlines, now I get to play for a while. Even managed half an hour's rest, sprawled on a sofa like an overgrown purple kitten while 6-9 stuffed his face with tuna (yes, tuna) and cranberry sandwiches (don't ask.) And you thought Bodie's eating habits were revolting...

       (He's now sitting on the other sofa with a dolphin on each shoulder. The Changeling's been playing Surrealist Deity again.... )

       It's been an interesting couple of weeks - not a spell I'd like to repeat in a hurry, but satisfying for all that. I've finished writing around 67,000 words, cleared my current projects, and in between learning about parts of the brain with which I was unfamiliar (did you know that nightmares stimulate the amygdala, a module in the limbic system - the second most primitive part of the human brain? Well, you do now..!), how pheromones work, the basics of aromatherapy and the atomic structure of benzene derivatives, I've started writing another Professionals story - non-slash this time, and looks like it will be quite long by the time I'm finished. So far I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll post it once it's done.

       On the subject of Professionals stories I had a (very speedy) browse through the Circuit Archives over the weekend (I needed a break from Freud. And who can blame me?), and came across a series of seven Professionals/DangerMouse (of all things!) crossovers. Intrigued and unable to resist (I've always had a soft spot for Penfold - he reminds me of an old (very old) boyfriend) I dropped into have a look, sternly promising myself I'd only read one. Some hope...
       I ended up reading all of them, one after the other, helpless with giggles. I laughed so hard I nearly fell off my chair - they're hysterical!! The funniest things I've read in absolutely ages. I heartily recommend them to anyone with a warped sense of humour (and if you don't have a warped sense of humour, why are you reading this?) They are slash, but very gentle, cheeky, quite inoffensive slash (in my opinion, anyway. Unless you find the idea of Doyle in a floor-length green satin dress offensive...) You can find them all here:-


       #1 - Mousketeers
       #2 - Short Tails
       #3 - Of Mice and Monsters (probably my favourite)
       #4 - Werehamster of London
       #5 - Darts to You
       #6 - Lions and Tigers and Mice, Oh My
       #7 - Kingdom of the Frog
      but do please read them in the right order (and not like me - #6, followed by #3 - before I realised my usual random pick'n'mix was spoiling the flow). Oh, and it really helps if you're familiar with DangerMouse, though I guess they're pretty funny even if you aren't...
       I tried to email the author to express my appreciation, but the message was undeliverable. So if anyone has Debra Hicks' correct addy, please will you let me know? Ta.

       In the meantime, my apologies to everyone to whom I owe emails. I'll tackle them over the next few days: expect to hear from me soon and thanks for your patience!




Well, nearly. The Fox still wants the synopsis for what will be, hopefully and if London House liked Perfume Power, my next book - Magical Herbs. (Anyone know where I can get some peyote...?) And I still have a handful of other commitments to fulfil - mostly New LexxFolk portraits and animations and the odd bit of writing for other people, but nothing hugely urgent.

It's OK, he's not pregnant.... At least, I don't think he is...

"Do you think a dolphin on your shoulder would say - pieces of skate?" (6-9) ..... sigh.....

Not to mention 6-9's endearing habit of expleting, "Cor crumbs and crikey!" when agitated...



© 1999 WordWrights.


The Out Takes Index

Back to the Safeho